Limited Late Model Rules
1. Body: DIRT/MSCCS Late Model body rules apply
2. Wheel base: 103-inch minimum. Measured from center
of hub to center of hub.
3. 14" maximum aluminum wheels. Beadlocks permitted
4. Rear Tires must be 60 duro, 55's,56's 1600's,lm40's are considered a track
tire(as long as they don't punch some outragious number and will be
given a pass on the 60 rule.
Front Tires open duro! All identification numbers must be visible on front and back of tires. No altering. NO TOLERANCE. Drivers caught with non-conforming tires will be immediately disqualified from that event?s racing activities. Driver will lose all points for that event and all monies and awards for that event.
5. Gas only. No alcohol.
6. Engine setback: Six (6) inches from center of ball joint to most forward spark plug, for all cars.
7. Any transmissions must have forward and reverse gears.
8. Any rear-end
9. No traction control devices allowed.
10. No Magneto
11. Any Carburetor
12. No vacuum pumps
13. Rules may be adjusted in interest of fairness of competition.
Engine Option A: Standard Limited Late Model Engine
1. Engines: Chevrolet-350, Chrysler-360, Ford-351 engines.
Must be all steel except intake.
2. Engine maximum displacement of 362 cubic inches.
3. Any intake
4. After market water pump (steel or aluminum) permitted
5. Aftermarket fuel pump in stock location
6. Any cam that will pull 17" of vacuum at 1,000 rpm by the track gauge.
7. No after market heads allowed. Stock OEM heads or GM Vortec heads allowed. Steel and straight plug heads only.
No GM Angle Plug heads. No porting, polishing, grinding, or excessive deburring in any breathing area on heads. No shot peening or acid porting of heads allowed. Heads may be deburred on outside areas only. May have 3 angle valve job. Can be flat or angle milled. Ford Angle Plug Heads are allowed.
8. Flat top pistons only.
9. Steel valves, rods and crank only.
10. Aftermarket oil pan permitted. No dry sumps allowed.
11.Roller engines Must weigh a minimum of 2350 lbs anytime and run 8 inch spoiler.
12.Flat Tappet engines Must weigh a minimum of 2250 and can run 12 inch spoiler.
Engine Options B: GM Performance Sealed Crate Motors:
GM part number P/N 88958602:
Must weigh a minimum of 2250 lbs anytime.
May run 12 inch spoiler.
GM part number P/N 88958604:
Must weigh a minimum 2350 lbs anytime.
May run 12 inch spoiler.
1. These engines are sealed at the intake manifold, cylinder head, front cover, and oil pan with special twist off bolts. Crate engines must not be altered, modified, or changed in any way from factory specification.
2. The sealed engines must remain intact and not be tampered with. Any seals that have been removed or tampered with will make the engine illegal and ineligible for competition. Track reserves right to confiscate engine for technical inspection. The penalty for tampering with seals, modifying any internal engine parts, changing parts from stock as delivered and sealed from the factory will be subject to expulsion from racing in the class permanently.
3. No changes are allowed to the engines. Including Intake manifold, heads, valve covers, front cover, oil pan, harmonic balancer, or any other part(s) on or in the engines.
1. One 4-barrel carburetor only. Any Manufacturer.
2. Engine must be naturally aspirated.
3. May use one carburetor spacer, 1 inch maximum, and two standard one piece open hole paper gasket (maximum .070 inch thickness), one gasket between intake to spacer and one gasket between spacer to carburetor.
1. Cast or aluminum permitted.
2. No electric water pump allowed.
1. Collection type headers required.
2. No Tri-Y headers allowed.
Engine Option C
2 Barrel Motors (Non Crate Motors)
1.All body, suspension, and tire rules will be the same as LMS. 8"maximum spoiler
(complete assembly including blades).
2. Carburetor. 4412 Holley carburetor with only the choke flap and linkage
removed. Carburetor Buy –Exchange Rule - $350.00
3. Carburetor spacer or adapter will be a maximum of 1” between carburetor and
intake. Carburetor must pass GO, NO-GO gauge.
4. Engine. Must have steel heads and block. No dry sumps allowed. 373 cu. in max.
5. Weight. 2350 lbs. anytime.
6. No mirrors or radios.
7. Any transmission.
8. Fuel: Gasoline only. No alcohol.
9. No electronic traction control devices.
10. Does not have to pull vacuum
11. Anything not covered must have official approval.
NOTE: Any engine over 362 cu. in. must add 100 lbs
Protest fee is $300.00 for 1 head and 50.00 to the track